Friday, July 25, 2008

Gordon Ramsay at The London Hollywood


Let's just start out by saying I left there puking in my nice new YSL bag. It is a total shame, I know, the bag I mean, the food poisoning was secondary on my list of miseries from that night. The rotten scallop sashimi is where it all went wrong, or maybe it was my decision to order sashimi at a non traditional Japanese restaurant is where the wrongs all started. We were seated in the middle of the restaurant on these inter-connected round tables - 3 tables with serpentine bench sofa that curved around the center of the room. This is important because our "good and visible" table was the reason I didn't spit out the scallop in a Gordon Ramsay fashion, gagging and making pukey sounds. I didn't want to cause a scene. Big mistake.

I went with my family, a huge risk because they are the pickiest eaters I know. Aside from rotten scallops, the rest of the menu was atrocious. Everything is appetizer size, I love that concept, but in this case, it only meant that we got a hefty bill at the end of a really bad meal. And another thing about ordering 18 different dishes, going back to the serpentine table, it was set up so that the wait staff could not get to both sides of the table so they had to literally run to the other side of the restaurant to get plates and utensils on and off the table, which was done constantly because of the many dishes. We were so distracted by the waitors not to mention, the super duper slow service between dishes. The PR arm in NY and the Hollywood manager did contact me to apologize, etc. and invite me back, but why the heck would I subject myself to that AGAIN??

No comments: